“Be ready for the upcoming Era of Voice Search”
If you’re not already using voice search, you’ve definitely seen the ads on TV Like
ALEXA, what is the capital of India?
First, let’s introduce with different voice search devices available on market
Amazon Echo/ Alexa
Tablets (android and ipad)
Still, many companies working on developing their separate voice search devices.
Before we are going to discussing on voice search, Pay attention on some real facts now a days
- 19% people using siri at least once a day (Fuse SEO)
- 55% teens and 44% adults use voice search on daily basis (Fuse SEO)
- 43% of users their primary usage of voice search at home (CleverClicks)
- Google voice search can recognise 40 different core languages.
- HTTPS adoption 70.4% voice search results and 50% desktop results. (Backlinko)
- 50% U.S smart speaker owners use their device at least daily which was 15% only in 2016. (mindstreammedia)
- Content with high levels of social engagement tends to perform well in voice search. (Backlinko)
Currently, users are using voice search to do the below things;
- User use the voice search for Informational purpose like what is the weather now in Mumbai now? Where is the nearest food stall?
- People use voice search for Navigation to reach somewhere. They ask like give me the direction for nearest restaurant.
- Trivia: People use voice search for personal talks, Discussion to prove themselves right/ wrong etc.
- For Set up reminders
1. Semantic Search
Semantic search is nothing but a search result which gives meaning full personalized answers to the user’s question using AI rather than giving keyword matching results. Text and Voice search are different, in a text you probably type “Best Guajarati restaurant in Australia” but for Voice search you would be more likely to ask, “Is there any good gujarati food nearest me” It means you will need to write content in a more conversational tone to fully optimize.
2. Mobile Voice Search
is very important that’s why optimize your website 100% mobile friendly. Make your website responsive first.
3. Question phrases
are more likely to be voice search. Question start with “What” and “Who” means user only find some information and if they are asking question start with “where” it means they are almost ready to purchase something. Make sure your website content is optimised and able to give the proper answer according to user’s query.
4. Local Search
According to internet trend report 2016 22% users use voice search to find local information. List out your business with proper details on Google My Business to track your business location and make your Local Search more powerful.
5. Page Speed
As per the Backlinko study Page Speed plays a major role in Voice Search. They says the average voice search result page loads in 4.6 seconds that is 52% faster than the average page. Optimise your website by doing image compression, Use simple design, Enable caching etc. After all faster loading sites that receive the better voice search ranking and also have higher search engine result page [SERP] rankings.
By 2019, the voice recognition market will be a $601 million industry, According to a report from Technavio via skyword.
We can expect there will be more focus on voice search on future, so it’s mandatory to optimise your website with latest voice search strategies.